Rich-text Reply

A division shifts to different parts of page on different screen sizes etc. in preview mode

Airenvy 10-03-14

A division shifts to different parts of page on different screen sizes etc. in preview mode

Dear developer geniuses Smiley Happy First off, I'm a total noob when it comes to HTML and CSS, so if you give me some code, please tell me exactly where to insert it. 

Question: There is a section of my website that will move to the right or left depending on the screen size. It seems to be in the center on the editor, but the minute I put it in preview mode or run the experiment, then the element shifts. I presume this is because I moved it around too much (I know). 

Is there a code I can insert to lock the element in the center regardless of the screen size (left-right, not up-down)? If so, where do I put the code exactly, and what is the code?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Level 1

Amanda 10-03-14

Re: A division shifts to different parts of page on different screen sizes etc. in preview mode

Good question. Can you post the URL of the page here and also let us know what section of the page you are moving?

Responsive websites can be tricky, especially when you are making large changes to your page. There is a support article that has some great information here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/201245820. The solution depends on how your site works and how the element is positioned.

Looking forward to hearing back from you on the URL so we can look at how your site behaves
Optimizely