Rich-text Reply

Default block not being called when switching back to original variation

joaosbt 09-01-16

Default block not being called when switching back to original variation

I've got the following block : 

OptimizelyCodeBlocksKeyWithBlockNames(optzl_drawButtons,@"anchorButtonsToExplanationLabel",@"yearlyFirst",@"anchorButtonsToExplanationLabelAndYearlyFirst");

That I register it like this :

[Optimizely registerCallbackForCodeBlockWithKey:optzl_drawButtons callback:^{
        [self remakeConstraints];
    }];

And call it like this :

- (void)remakeConstraints
{
    UIAlertView *alertView = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"REMAKING CONSTRAINTS TRIGGERED" message:nil delegate:self cancelButtonTitle:@"OK" otherButtonTitles:nil];
    [alertView show];

[Optimizely codeBlocksWithKey:optzl_drawButtons blockOne:^{
        self.isAnchoringToExplanationLabel = YES;
        self.isYearlyFirst = NO;
    } blockTwo:^{
        self.isAnchoringToExplanationLabel = NO;
        self.isYearlyFirst = YES;
    } blockThree:^{
        self.isYearlyFirst = YES;
        self.isAnchoringToExplanationLabel = YES;
    }defaultBlock:^{
        self.isYearlyFirst = NO;
        self.isAnchoringToExplanationLabel = NO;
    }];

I also call it on loadView (tried to change it to viewDidLoad but didn't work either) :

- (void)loadView
{
    [super loadView];

[self remakeConstraints];

The intent behind it is to change the positioning of certain UI elements. 
Creating a new variation and changing it from Default to other blocks works well. 

My issue is that when I switch back to the Original variation, the Default block doesn't get triggered.

Level 2

tedroddy 09-06-16

Re: Default block not being called when switching back to original variation

@joaosbt Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was able to reproduce this bug using your instructions and I have filed a bug report. The registerCallbackForCodeBlockWithKey function is only called when the app is in Edit mode, connected to the Editor, and a Code Block branch is selected that is not the default. This callback should fire even when the branch is default.

Until we fix this bug, I would recommend testing these code blocks in Preview mode rather than relying on the callback. This will not affect the ability to fire the default code block in production — experiments will still be able to run.

Best,
Ted
Optimizely