Easily Preview Variations and QA your Experiments with our Chrome Extension
Just wanted to share with you a Chrome Extension that we’ve been developing for over the past year at Conversion.com.
Initially we built this tool to improve internal processes and to make our team more efficient when using Optimizely. We found it so useful that we decided to share it with our clients, and ultimately decided to make it available publicly, so I wanted to share it with you today!
What does it do?
The tool is still in development - and we’d love to hear your feedback and suggestions for new features!
At the time of this post, some of the core features of the extension are:
- Quickly check whether Optimizely is running on the page - and number of experiments are running
- QA mode to allow you to view tests in QA before putting them live
- Easily switch between your variations
- Instantly check event and goal tracking
- QR code integration to quickly review a given experiment or variation on mobile
- Jump straight into the editor or results page for that test
- Copy the URL for the experiment/variation to share with your colleagues
For a full list of features and images, please check the Optimizely Chrome Extension launch post on our blog.
Once you’ve installed it, we hope that you’ll find it intuitive. Some of the key benefits we’ve seen:
- Improve the speed of the QA process with the QA mode
- Ensure that you and your teammates/clients are all looking at the same thing
- Review performance straight from the page you’re viewing
When and where can I get it?
It’s available for free for you to start using now. Install the Optimizely Chrome Extension from Conversion.com
Please try it out! Head over to a page where you’re currently running an experiment - and get a sense for the functionality.
We’d love to hear any ideas the community has for features we could add, any questions, or any other feedback you may have - and if it helps with your QA
Could you please email myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) and my colleague Nuno (email@example.com) the details of the problem that you are having (website pages, experiment information [audience, activation type], QA mode cookie you are using, extension version, OS/browser version). The latest version of the extension has been updated to work with Optimizely X, so we are keen to find out why this is not the case for you!
Senior Developer at Conversion.com