Rich-text Reply

Force Parmeter Only Works on One URL

DarrellF 03-21-17
Accepted Solution

Force Parmeter Only Works on One URL

Hi,

I'm trying to force the experiment on all Product Page URLs, but the parameter only forces the changes on one URL (the test URL that has been editted in Optimizely)

I have checked the URL targetting and have created a similar experiment before where there have been no issues. Any insight, would be great.

Level 2

JasonDahlin 03-21-17

Re: Force Parmeter Only Works on One URL

The force parameter does two things:

1- forces the experiment to run on the current page, even if the experiment is not active and even if the URL is not in the targeting

2- if the experiment is active, changes the user's allocation to the variation specified by the value of the parameter

If the force parameter on a different URL is not making the changes then it probably means that the second page is not identical what you changed in the editor.  If you can share the URL with the force parameter in place with us, we can look at the code to see why the experiment is not affecting that page.

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero
DarrellF 03-21-17

[ Edited ]

Great thank you - So here is the URL with the change in place:
But on other pages, it doesn't seem to work

Level 2
JasonDahlin 03-21-17

The WYSIWYG editor used jQuery selcetors that target only product 30999.

Create a new variation (so you don't lose what you already have) and place this code in the "edit code" box.

$("#product-options-wrapper .price-box .price").css({"color":"#1c1c1c"});

Save and test the new variation and see if it does everything you want it to do.

If this works, use it in your Variation #1 and delete the variation you created for testing.  If not, let me know what other elements on the pag are supposed to be affected and I'll take another look.

--Jason Dahlin
Analytics and Testing Guru Smiley Happy
Experimentation Hero
DarrellF 03-21-17

Perfect, thanks so much
Level 2