Rich-text Reply

GA Custom Dimensions into Optimizely?

TK92 03-01-16

GA Custom Dimensions into Optimizely?

Hello,

As we are setting up an A/B test, we will need to filter our Audiences to exclude a certain group. In our GA premium, we have a custom dimension that allows us to do this. Is there any way via an intergration, to get our custom dimensions from GA into Optimizely, and use those custom dimensions are audience filters?

-Thank you!

Level 2

dustinshey 03-01-16

Re: GA Custom Dimensions into Optimizely?

Not sure, as I would like the answer to this question. Pretty sure you have to be an Enterprise customer of Optimizely though. 

Marketing stuff @ Launchkit.io
We build cool tools for mobile app developers
TK92 03-01-16

Thank you for the reply! Glad to see I'm not the only one looking for answers on this. Anyone else got an idea?
Level 2
robertchan 03-01-16

Yes, you can use Optimizely's integration feature. From that point, you would set up your custom dimension in GA then include that dimension in your experiment by ticking off integration in your experiment and selecting GA. Once that is done, you would build a custom report that filters out your experiment based on ID.

Robert Chan

TK92 03-02-16

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the reply. I think you may have misunderstood my ask. I would like to know if it's possible to use our existing custom dimensions in GA to filer our the audience in Optimizely. Does that clear up my question?
Level 2
robertchan 03-02-16

Yes, you would need to edit everything in your GA custom report and regex out your experiment ID. In addition to that, you'll need to specify how you want to filter through there.

Robert Chan