Rich-text Reply

Google Enhanced Ecommerce Analytics

billbauer 02-10-15

Google Enhanced Ecommerce Analytics

We've recently upgraded to GA's Enhanced Ecommerce Analytics, and the first test I've run since then, no data from Optimizely is showing up in GA. All set up has been done correctly in Optimizely and GA (Custom Dimension, etc)

Is there something different we have to change in the code somewhere?

Brian_Abad 02-10-15

Re: Google Enhanced Ecommerce Analytics

Thanks for the question!

I'm not too familiar with the Enhanced set-up, is it similar to the regular Universal Analytics set-up? We have a knowledge base article regarding the UA <> Optimizely integration, which you can find here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039995-Integrating-Optimizely-with-Google-Analytics...

In general, the order of code is the most vital part of the integration and an example template would look as follows:

<html>
  <head>
    <script src="//cdn.optimizely.com/js/XXXXXXX.js"></script> 
  </head>
  <body>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      // Universal Analytics Setup
      (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-40337519-1', 'www.mysite.com');      

// Optimizely Universal Analytics Integration code
      window.optimizely = window.optimizely || [];
      window.optimizely.push(['activateUniversalAnalytics']);

ga('send', 'pageview');
    </script>
  </body>
</html>

Once again, this is specific to Universal Analytics but I'd love to hear more about Enhanced Ecommerce Analytics if the set-up is different.

Thanks!

---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely