Rich-text Reply

HTML edit shows fine in editor but reverts to original in live page & variation preview page

evanl 12-01-15

HTML edit shows fine in editor but reverts to original in live page & variation preview page

I made a very simple HTML change on the Variation 1 page. Everything is exactly the same except changed this:

<input type="hidden" id="show_middle_page" value="n">

to this:

<input type="hidden" id="show_middle_page" value="y">

It shows as "y" in the editor. But when previewing the variation page and when the experiment is running live, it always shows as "n" whether it's on the test page or the live page. I'm not sure what else to do given that every time I pull it up in the editor is already says "y." Any ideas?

Level 1

Aicke 12-03-15

Re: HTML edit shows fine in editor but reverts to original in live page & variation preview page

Sometimes the change of input values can't be seen in the browser dev tools. Did you already checked the value via the browser console, with something like:

document.getElementById('show_middle_page').value

And how does the variant code (in the optimizely editor) looks like?

Everything is hard, before it is easy.
Level 2

Re: HTML edit shows fine in editor but reverts to original in live page & variation preview page

Thanks for the suggestion, @Aicke!

@evanl, have you been able to give that a try? If you're still having some troubles, there could be an issue with the timing of when the Optimizely code is added. Feel free to reply back with the experiment ID if that is the case and I can help take a closer look. As always, be sure that your Optimizely snippet is as high in the <head> tag as possible. I hope that helps!