Rich-text Reply

How do I test the Optimizely landing page without presenting it to all our customers?

egrigg 05-23-16

How do I test the Optimizely landing page without presenting it to all our customers?

I have a landing page I'm trying to test for a specific campaign. I've created my multiple pages in Optimizely. Now how do I get the Optimizely options to re-direct to subpages/ not our main homepage. We're doing testing and don't want all our customers seeing our testing pages.

Can I solve this re-direct issue myself? Do I need a developer to do it? What do you recommend, Developers? Our site is in Wordpress.

Thanks in advance!

Level 1

AllisonR 05-24-16

Re: How do I test the Optimizely landing page without presenting it to all our customers?

It sounds like you are running a campaign and would only like to test variations of your homepage on visitors from that campaign rather than all your site's traffic, is this the case? If so, you'll want to use the campaign audience condition described here. If you aren't on an Enterprise plan, you can alternately use the query parameter audience condition described here with "utm_campaign" as the parameter name. 

Does this help? 

Allison
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely | EMEA
Optimizely
egrigg 05-24-16

Re: How do I test the Optimizely landing page without presenting it to all our customers?

Thanks! So I could host our landing page on Optimizely?

Level 1
AllisonR 05-26-16

Since Optimizely works client side, you won't actually host your landing page on Optimizely. See our knowledge base article here for more a non-technical explanation about how Optimizely works to test variations of your website.  Hope this is helpful!

Allison
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely | EMEA
Optimizely