Rich-text Reply

How technical do I have to be to take the Developer exam?

mattbgch 08-09-16

How technical do I have to be to take the Developer exam?

Hi 

I am currently studying for the Optimizely platform certification and in looking through the Developer certification materials / requirements I was wondering what level of technical knowledge is required to complete this. 

The reason I ask is having reviewed some of the materials I am able to follow ok, I have a working knowledge of Javascript and am a beginer in jquery but throught the materials provided as far as I can see they involve adding Jquery instructions using the Optimizely platform, although I haven't looked at all the API documentation yet. What level of Javascript/ jquery experience is this exam geared towards? 

Level 2

robertchan 08-09-16

Re: How technical do I have to be to take the Developer exam?

Hi, I would say you need a decent understanding of JavaScript/jQuery, and more importantly, how JS interacts with Optimizely. I'd say, code-wise, you should be good if you can, within a few minutes, dynamically change element text, move elements around, swap element order, and mass change a set of element properties. I'd say the most difficult part is understanding (on a very granular level), how code operates within Optimizely, execution of code, and how things translate to code (e.g. audience segments). You should also have a thorough grasp of QAing through console, and understand what all the different network tab properties within console represent relative to Optimizely (e.g. what does x tell you or n tell you? Which property can be used to determine what experiment you're on, etc.).
Robert Chan

mattbgch 08-10-16

Great, thanks for your response v helpful. I think I should be in a good position to start studying in this case.
Level 2
MartijnSch 08-11-16

Thanks for the feedback @robertchan, after all these years I still need to take that exam. It's been on my list for ages Smiley Wink.
robertchan 08-11-16

@MartijnSch - anytime and best of luck to the both of you, let me know if you have any further questions!

Robert Chan