Rich-text Reply

How to manually trigger webhook

gregrberger 02-05-19

How to manually trigger webhook

I'm following these instructions to set up self hosting with CloudFront: https://help.optimizely.com/Set_Up_Optimizely/Optimizely_self-hosting_for_Amazon_Cloudfront_users. 

I created the webhook, but I'm not seeing the file in CloudFront. 

Webhooks are triggered whenever the snippet changes. Is there a way to trigger the webhook without changing the snippet and/or project?

tomfuertes 02-05-19

Re: How to manually trigger webhook

Not sure if this is possible. You can trigger a snippet update by creating a new experiment and launching it to 0% of traffic via a 404 page (domain.com/never-gonna-hit-this) or impossible audience (where cookie contains "impossible"). This would trigger an update with no affect to your end traffic or results. Let it run for a minute and then pause + archive and the webhook should fire twice.

- Tom Fuertes | CTO @ CROmetrics / LinkedIn
"Most Impactful Use of Personalization" and "Experience of the Year" Optie award winner.
Experimentation Hero
gregrberger 02-06-19

Re: How to manually trigger webhook

Thank you for the response Tom, that's good to know!

Do you know if there's a way for me to see the result of the webhook? For some reason my lambda function isn't running when I change my Optimizely script. It would be nice to know what Optimizely is seeing from their end.