Rich-text Reply

How to send revenue conversation data to optimizely?

dkumar431 07-11-14

How to send revenue conversation data to optimizely?

[ Edited ]

Hi All, I am completely new to this optimizely API. My client uses optimizely from very old days. Now he wants to send the conversation data to optimizely for better results. Its a eCommerce site http://www.spinlife.com . He wants to send the amount in $ user purchased . I have no idea from where to proceed or from where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EricF 07-11-14

Re: How to send conversation data to optimizely?

Hi,

It sounds like you want to setup revenue tracking using Optimizely. It requires an addition bit a Javascript added to each page running an experiment. There's more information on it here. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn if you need more assistance. 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericfoster9/

Level 2
Amanda 07-11-14

Yep, @EricF is correct, and the link he added is a helpful resource! The revenue API allows you to send the a visitor's purchase amount to Optmizely. On the results page, you'll see the total revenue for each variation, and you'll also see an average purchase amount per visitor for each variation.  Does this sound like it will do the trick for you?

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 11.58.03 AM.png

Optimizely
dkumar431 07-14-14

Thanks for the reply. I have followed the link you mentioned. 

So Basically there are 2 steps

1. I need to create a new goal with a custom event name (say 'quote_complete'), and then add that goal to all the experiments where my clients wants revenue tracking.

2.  Need to add this on thank you page.

<script>
 var price = "get it dynamically";
 window.optimizely = window.optimizely || [];
 window.optimizely.push(['trackEvent', 'quote_complete', {'revenue': price * 100}]);
</script>

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Shaunak 07-14-14

@dkumar431 That looks good to me !

Optimizely
OptimizeMe 12-02-14

Hi I have a question regarding the installation of the revenue tracking code.

This is my current situation:

Sitewide Optimizely snippet installed at the top of the page as per instructions.

Google Tagmanager container installed lower down the page and we push our Google Analtytics eCommerce tags via GTM making use of the datalayer.

Now my question is: can we install the Optimizely revenue tracker script via GTM and extract the converstion value from the GTM datalayer? Will this work (with the GTM container installed below the Optimizely snippet)?

Brett 12-03-14

@OptimizeMe You can definitely add the revenue tracking API via GTM.

And I believe the datalayer for GTM loads before the GTM container, so you can use that to pull in the conversion value into the API call.

Just make sure whatever value you pull from the data layer is converted to total value in cents before you pass the value to Optimizely. So your code might look like this:

var valueInCents = datalayer.conversionValue * 100 

window.optimizely = window.optimizely || [];

window.optimizely.push(['trackEvent', 'eventName', {'revenue': valueInCents}]);

Whatever the conversion value would be in the datalayer that is what you'd add to a variable and then multiply it by 100 if you need to convert it to cents. If the value you are pulling from the datalayer already is in cents, then you don't have to multiply it by 100.

Does that clear things up?

Optimizely
OptimizeMe 12-04-14

Thanks Brett. I will give that a try!