Rich-text Reply

How to track web conversion in full stack project

throwaway123 12-20-16

How to track web conversion in full stack project

I can't figure out for the life of me how to track a conversion that starts in a full stack project and ends on web.

I can activate it in ruby, get a variation. Then when that user converts on the client in javascript, what call do I make to track the conversion in the ruby project? 

This says "You’re always free to track conversion events for your experiments in any other part of your technology stack in any language." but doesn't say how to do so in javascript where the interface is very different from most of the server side sdks. 

estelle_qiu 12-21-16

Re: How to track web conversion in full stack project

I want to know about that too
estelle_qiu 12-21-16

This says 'track events server-side using one of the Full Stack SDKs, client-side using the JavaScript SDK or mobile SDKs' , that means I use ruby sdk ,  I just want the users trigger the event on Web , I have to install the other sdk ,right ? But the project is built in ruby version , if I have to create a new project of javascript version

mauerbac 12-21-16

Thanks for reaching out. Our SDKs make it easy to activate a user in one SDK and then track a conversion event with another SDK. It's a common use case to activate a user with a server-side SDK and then track events on the frontend with our JavaScript SDK. This is described in more detail in our developer documentation: https://developers.optimizely.com/x/solutions/sdks/reference/index.html?language=javascript#tracking. As long as you keep userIDs consistent you won't have any issues using multiple SDKs.

Does this help?
Optimizely
estelle_qiu 12-22-16

if I activate a user with a server-side SDK ,On the frontend , should I also activate the user again? or just I can trigger without activating on frontend
mauerbac 12-27-16

Once a user has been activated, it is not necessary to activate them again. You can simply call .track() on the frontend with the same userID that was used on the server-side. 

Optimizely