Rich-text Reply

In Full Stack how to QA activate the experiment and set correctly audiences

estelle_qiu 12-17-16
Accepted Solution

In Full Stack how to QA activate the experiment and set correctly audiences

Hello , I am use ruby optimizely-sdk , I am confused that In Full Stack Version ,we just only use custom attribute define the audience?  And I imitate the guide , how can I set in my code . And other question ,at the bottom of reply , I have activated the experiment , but the variation_key is always nil,  is it because what I set the conditions about audience not satisify our experiment ?

i596^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png
tedroddy 12-20-16

Re: In Full Stack how to QA activate the experiment and set correctly audiences

Hi there,

The attributes are an additional argument when you call our activate method. The documentation for user attributes are located here:
https://developers.optimizely.com/x/solutions/sdks/reference/index.html?language=ruby#targeting

You will find code examples at the above link. The reason your variation_key is always nil is likely because you are activating without the necessary attributes.
Best,
Ted
Optimizely
estelle_qiu 12-21-16

Thanks for your answer. I have another question.

This says 'track events server-side using one of the Full Stack SDKs, client-side using the JavaScript SDK or mobile SDKs' , that means I use ruby sdk ,  I just want the users trigger the event on Web , I have to install the other sdk ,right ? But the project is built in ruby version , if I have to create a new project of javascript version

estelle_qiu 12-21-16

This says 'track events server-side using one of the Full Stack SDKs, client-side using the JavaScript SDK or mobile SDKs' , that means I use ruby sdk , I just want the users trigger the event on Web , I have to install the other sdk ,right ? But the project is built in ruby version , if I have to create a new project of javascript version
tedroddy 12-28-16

That's right — if you can detect the events server-side then you can send them with the Ruby SDK. If they must be handled client-side, you can add our Javascript SDK to the page and track the events client-side.

Best,
Ted
Optimizely