Optimizely Bookmarklet - Show Experiment/Variation Information
I've made some modifications to it over the past week or so, but at this point, I feel it's ready to be shared to the Optiverse community in the hopes that this provides help to both developers and non-developers alike. You can download the source code for the bookmarklet here: Optimizely Debugger/Cookies Bookmarklet GIST
From there, you'll need to copy the raw source code and paste it into the URL/URI field of a bookmark that you create (this is how you create a bookmarklet). Then, navigate to your site/page in question and click on your bookmark to engage the functionality.
And finally, for anyone not familiar with creating bookmarklets, here are the basic steps:
1) Bookmark any page... literally any page will do. Give your bookmark a name and save it somewhere easily accessible!
2) Copy all of the raw source code from the GIST linked to above.
3) Find the bookmark you just created in your browser and right-click it to Edit it (this will vary by browser: you might need to go into the Bookmark Manager for some browsers in order to be able to edit the bookmark).
4) Locate the URL or URI field (varies by browser), which will contain the address of the site you bookmarked in Step #1.
5) Replace the address in the URL/URI field with the code from the GIST
7) Navigate to the page where you want to use this bookmarklet, and then simply click on the bookmarklet that you just created to execute the code.
UI Developer @ Blue Acorn