Rich-text Reply

Personalization - implementation - "custom visual tag" - "No locatorFn registered for.."

moritz 07-06-16

Personalization - implementation - "custom visual tag" - "No locatorFn registered for.."

Hi,

we want to use the personalization for a customer site and i need to implement a custom selector for a specific value (the tag) on the page.

We added a visual tag and selected the element in the editor, but that doestn work for us. I changed the activation mode to "polling" and wait for the element to be available and i changed the implementation code for this "custom" tag to this:

var type = document.querySelectorAll('input[name="donationType"]:checked')[0].value=="ONCE" ? 'Einzelspende' : 'Pate';
return type;

I m not shure if it works, because i can not see the tag written on the user with debugging via optimizely_log=debug.

What i can see is that the project is executed, so the activation condition is met, after that there is no event with the "custom tag" send to optimizely.

There is a warning in the console "Optly / No locatorFn registered for locatorType: javascript", i think that could be the problem, but i dont know where to solve this.

We cannot include code on the customers page, so we need to solve this by the editor. 

best regards

moritz

--
Developer for cro
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-06 um 13.33.23.png
Level 2

robertchan 07-06-16

Re: Personalization - implementation - "custom visual tag" - "No locatorFn registered

Have you declared your tag above the Optimizely snippet? If you haven't, that might be causing an issue for you.
Robert Chan

moritz 07-06-16

Re: Personalization - implementation - "custom visual tag" - "No locatorFn registered

Its not about custom tags as e.g. meta-tag in the head, its about elements which define the personalization value for a customer, which is choosen or set for him.

I have to read a input value and send it to optimizely for building audiences.
--
Developer for cro
Level 2
moritz 07-07-16

No it seems to work, i delete one of the three tags and created a new one. It becomes a new api name and now i can see in the network tab that the informations are send

https://p13nlog.dz.optimizely.com/log/event ->
eventFeatures : [
	0 : {id: null, shouldIndex: true, type: "view_category", name: "", value: "checkout"}
	1 : {id: null, shouldIndex: true, type: "tags", name: "spendentyp_einzelspende_vs_pate",…}
	2 : {id: null, shouldIndex: true, type: "tags", name: "spendezweck", value: "Wo es am nötigsten ist"}
	3 : {id: null, shouldIndex: true, type: "tags", name: "price_1", value: 7500}
]
--
Developer for cro
Level 2