Rich-text Reply

Querying The Results of All Experiments Using API

KO 09-02-16

Querying The Results of All Experiments Using API

Hi There,

I know on the results page of each experiment we are able to export a csv file with the most up to date information for the experiment in consideration. However, my question here is are we able to to write a macro in excel that would be able to pull  select metrics (ex: Revenue, Orders, etc) from a series of experiments and populate that data by date in a worksheet?

I looked into this before & someone mentioned using the REST API. Just wondering if anyone had tried something similar and would be willing to share their experiences.

Let me know!
Thanks!

KO
Level 2

MartijnSch 09-06-16

Re: Querying The Results of All Experiments Using API

Hi,

Haven't tried this myself, but as you mention you can populate the data date by date. But actually you can't in the end as the data in the API call for results is already summarised. Or would you want to pull the data everyday and then combine the results? Then Excel usually wouldn't be my way to go.

Martijn.
KO 09-06-16

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond here. Yes I would be wanting to pull the data everyday and then combine the results. If you wouldn't recommend an Excel macro for this -- do you have any alternative suggestions?

Thanks again! Have a great day.
KO
Level 2
MartijnSch 09-06-16

What I would try to do is build this outside of Excel so you can run a cronjob everyday at the same time and also when you're not online. This will make sure that the data is always retrieved on the same time every day. Which will make sure that the data is the same, otherwise it will mean that you have inconsistent time frames which makes it useless to compare the data for.
KO 09-06-16

great -- thank you. I'll let you know where I net out
KO
Level 2