Rich-text Reply

Re: Variation to display for specific period of time for specific visitor

nile 08-25-14

Amanda,

I do want to test "no offer" vs "offer", and I would like the ones that get the offer to see a note that says "order within 24 hours to get this special deal" or something like that, and thus, the deal would need to be removed after 24 hours from that time.

Thanks!

Level 2

Amanda 08-25-14

[ Edited ]

Thanks! So just to make sure I am understanding correctly, the time limit of 24 hours is unique to each user individually? So the experiment may actually run for a long time, but a visitor will only see the offer for a single 24 hours in the variation. Is that correct?

Optimizely
nile 08-25-14

Correct.
Level 2
michaelwei 08-25-14

Hi Nile,

Yes, Optimizely can help you with that test! Although it requires some custom code, you can implement this functionality via Optimizely's code editor.

But depending on your goals and what you want to track, there are a couple different ways to set it up. What's the metric you're going to use to measure success? Is it total conversions (offer vs no offer), or are you looking to track when the user comes back if they convert on the initial page visit or a subsequent visit (within 24 hours)?

Also, how are you planning on actually giving the discount? Via one persistent coupon code, or unique time-limited coupon codes, or some other method?
Optimizely