Requests to "errors.client.optimizely.com" taking long time to respond
We're seeing a few Optimizely requests to "errors.client.optimizely.com" on our pages that are taking an extremely long time to load - usually around 10-15 seconds. Anyone else notice this issue on your websites? Assuming this is server load on Optimizely's end, but this has been happening for over 24 hours now.
Appreciate your help!
What kind experiment are you running? Did you check your server?
Yes, we opened a ticket but the Optimizely team was out on Monday for the holiday, so we didn't get a response until late last night. Here's the response from the team:
"The errors.client.optimizely.com endpoint is used to log client execution errors for our internal monitoring. Currently this endpoint is only being reached by synthetic monitoring services like Keynote as we are not seeing other live Client Execution errors.
Our Engineering team has identified an issue with the errors.client.optimizely.com endpoint that they are working to increase its availability and ensure that it does not give these 503s responses. In the meantime, there is no indication that these errors are being triggered on the live site, or that there is any impact to the site's visitors.
If you'd like, I can reach out once the issue is resolved. We should expect to see this resolved today."
Glad to hear that this isn't affecting the user's experience with our websites - it just throws a bunch of errors in our network monitoring tool.
Also to answer your question, we weren't running any experiments at the time this happened.
There's no any solution here at the community for that kind of issue, in that case, you need to remove the snippet code from your sites. But I've been monitoring my sites just in case.