Rich-text Reply

Using optimizely on backend

igor_zoriy 05-18-15

Using optimizely on backend

Hello there. I'd like to use optimizely on backend. For example I have to different implementations of header and
I'd like to know what header has more conversion rate. Is it use optimizely for cases like this?

Thanks.

Re: Using optimizely on backend

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. At this time, Optimizely can only be used for front-end modifications. Can you clarify, are you trying to change the <head> or the header thats included in your <body>?

If you're trying to change the header/<body>, this can be done within Optimizely. However, if you'd like to change the <head> this cannot be done using the visual editor. However, perhaps you can set up a redirect experiment to a different landing page and apply the changes to the <head> in your source code there and use Optimizely to track the conversions. Thoughts?

Best,
Amy

Amy Herbertson
Customer Success
igor_zoriy 05-25-15

Hi there,
Thanks for the answer. So, I'll try to clarify what I would like to do.
I'd like to implement new design for header on our site. This header includes menu, user links and some other info. Technically old and new headers consist of different html, css and js. So I'm thinking about next ways to use optimizely.
1) Create experiment on optimizely.
2) Split our user to 2 groups. First group should see old header, second group should see new header.
3) On backend when user request any page our backend should know group of user and render relevant header.
4) Track goals/conversion.

So, I'm not sure about point 3, Is it possible?

Thanks.

tomfuertes 06-15-15

Hi Igor! Without a lot of hacking, API calls, and bucketing headaches that's not currently possible. I would suggest you just deploy both `div.header`'s (with the second display:none by default) and then hide/show between them in optimizely on the front end!

____
- Tom Fuertes | CTO @ CROmetrics / LinkedIn
"Most Impactful Use of Personalization" and "Experience of the Year" Optie award winner.

Experimentation Hero