Rich-text Reply
Highlighted

Variation now showing when put live

charlottejane 02-13-18

Variation now showing when put live

Hello, 

I am having some issues activating tests on a specific page on my site. When previewing the test within the preview tool the variation is showing correctly but when i activate the test the variation is not loading - i have pushed the variation to 100% of traffic and shown only my internal IP address so i should only see the variation. I initially thought something was wrong with the page as i have tried doing this on other pages and the variation is loading correctly within the console. however we have check the snippet and it is appearing on the page correctly. 

I have used the optimizely log to troubleshoot and have seen the following errors:

193| Optly / Activating Campaign (10317171032) on Page(s) ["10317471235"]

187| Optly / When deciding Campaign (10317171032) visitor is in audiences: [] and not in audiences: []

can anyone help me understand why this test is not appearing when pushed live?

Michal 02-14-18

Re: Variation now showing when put live

Hi Charlotte,

The two lines of the log you mention mean that the experiment at hand is being activated (1) and that there are no audience conditions for given experiment (2) - hence you're not in any audience and also don't fail any audience.

I had a look at the cited campaign (10317171032) and don't see any variation changes there, nor any audience conditions so the log seems to reflect the reality. Can you please point me to the variation change(s) you're trying to apply?

Best regards,

Michal

Optimizely 2018-02-14 12-07-36.png
Optimizely

[ Edited ]

Hi Michal,

I had had a few issues when activating tests on this page. I therefore activated this test (with no changes to the variation), push the variation 100% to everyone to see if i could pick up the variation ID within the console. It might be worthwhile you look at the test i had originally tried to activated on this page that caused problems - experiment ID 10239380736. When I activated this test to my internal IP address, I couldn't not see the variation appear (even though I pushed 100 % of traffic allocation to the variation)

Thanks
Charlotte

Michal 02-14-18

Hi Charlotte,

Looking at the variation code in experiment 10239380736 I suspect this is a timing issue - your code runs before the elements you target are loaded on the page. In order for the code to work, you will need to delay the execution until they become available for Optimizely to access them. I recommend this section of our developer docs for more information and tips how to go about the timing: https://developers.optimizely.com/x/solutions/javascript/topics/developing/.

I also recommend having a look at this article for available QA methods (to see why your variation changes are not being applied): https://help.optimizely.com/QA_Campaigns_and_Experiments/QA_experiments_and_campaigns_in_Optimizely_...

I hope this helps!

Michal
Optimizely