Rich-text Reply

Which GET parameters does Optimizely force when loading a page in the editor

plac3bodk 02-16-16
Accepted Solution

Which GET parameters does Optimizely force when loading a page in the editor

Hi everyone

I'm trying to set up a test on a clients webshop, but we're having some trouble gettin the frontpage loaded in the editor. Instead it shows a 404 page.

The reason it doesn't load correctly is, that he's blocking parameters in his URL's unless they already in the system, so what I need to figure out is, which GET parameters Optimizely force into a URL, when loading a page in the editor.

I recall seeing some an article that explained something you could type into the Chrome Dev tools, to show the different variables and parameters Optimizely are using to push through the experiments.

Hope you guys can help me.

Kind regards

Henrik

robertchan 02-16-16

Re: Which GET parameters does Optimizely force when loading a page in the editor

Hi Henrik,

Have you tried using Postman? It's free, and would probably do exactly what you're looking for:

https://www.getpostman.com/
Robert Chan

plac3bodk 02-16-16

Re: Which GET parameters does Optimizely force when loading a page in the editor

Hi @robertchan

Thanks for your quick reply.

Never heard about this app before, but it seems rather nifty.

I'll check it out right away.

Thanks a bunch!

plac3bodk 02-17-16

Hi again @robertchan
So I tried the postman app, but I think it's a bit too advanced to my level of knowledge.
Should I paste the URL from the editorwindow, where i get the 404?
And if so, where do I find the list of GET parameters in use?
Kind regards
Henrik
JDahlinANF 02-17-16

If you want to see which parameters are used in the editor window, look in your network console when the editor loads.  In Firefox, the httpRequest for the page in your editor shows up in the Console with the other AJAX requests.  For my experiments, I see the following URL parameters (all of which were added by Optimizely for the sake of showing it in the editor):

?optimizely_disable=true&optimizely_editor=true&optimizely_log=false&optimizely_include_innie=true&optimizely_cache_buster=1455713865550&optimizely_proxy_rewriter=true

plac3bodk 02-17-16

Thank alot @nap0leon

Just what I was looking for.

Cheers!

robertchan 02-17-16

Hey Henrik,

You can paste the URL and with GET and Params set, add key value pairs
Robert Chan