Rich-text Reply

Wordpress plugin hanging, and not creating an experiment.

gen035 10-02-15

Wordpress plugin hanging, and not creating an experiment.

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am using your Wordpress plugin on my client's website, and when they try to create a new experiment, they only see "Creating..." and nothing get actually created. 

Wordpress version: 4.3.1

Plugin version: 3.7.1

Thank you.

Level 1

Re: Wordpress plugin hanging, and not creating an experiment.

Hello @gen035

We ahve had reports of this happening on plans that do not have suffcient permissions to use things like conditinal activation. We are working on a fix that will show an error message when this happnens. To verify you can open the console in your broser and see if there is an erro being thrown. You may see an error like this. 

Your account plan does not allow conditional activation of experiments.

To fix this you will need to use manual or inmmediate activation mode or contact sales to upgrade your account. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you see a different error in the console. 

Optimizely
gen035 10-05-15

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply, how do I use the manual activation mode?

Level 1

So manual activation will require you to add some Javascript code to your site to tell the page when it is ok to activate the experiment. It is not available by default in the plugin, however you can change any exepriemnt once its been created to be manual activation. To read more about manual activation you can visit our knowledge base located here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040225

Optimizely