Rich-text Reply

how do I configure the optimizely revenue tag to pass a dynamic value rather than a static value?

osowards 09-16-15

how do I configure the optimizely revenue tag to pass a dynamic value rather than a static value?

I have implemented the revenue tag onto my confirmation page and while I am able to track the revenue and conversion in Google Analytics, I am not seeing Revenue show up in my Optimizely results. I would like to pass along the dynamic value of the conversion rather than a static 100, for example. How should I configure this? Where should the revenue tag be place? Should it be implemented outside of the Google Analytics/Google Ecommerce tag?

Level 2

Mario 09-18-15

Re: how do I configure the optimizely revenue tag to pass a dynamic value rather than a static value

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Optiverse.

To track Revenue on your page you need to set up following things:

• set up the 'total revenue' goal in your goal settings
  • implement the Optimizely revenue API call on you confirmation page (outside of the GA/GE tag )
  • use your revenue variable (which stores the purchase amount) in the API call e.g. window.optimizely.push(['trackEvent', 'eventName', {'revenue': yourRevenueVariable}]);
     and make sure that the purchase amount is set to cents (purchase amount * 100). 

Detailed informtion can be found on our knowledge base article.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Mario

Technical Support Engineer
EMEA | Amsterdam
Optimizely