Rich-text Reply

one event call in different experiments

Peace 12-15-15

one event call in different experiments

Hi

I use a couple landing pages with different URLs but the same form.

For every landing page we create an own experiment.

If we create now events for the shared form, e.g. "step2clicked", does optimizely count it for the experiment or for alle experiments if we include this event call on every landing page?

Like, should every event be unique for a test or can different experiments use the same event call snippet?

Level 1

Re: one event call in different experiments

Hi @Peace,

It is perfectly fine, and recommended to keep your overall snippet size down, to share goals across experiments.  A visitor can only trigger a goal for a given experiment if they are bucketed into that experiment.  If the visitor is bucketed into say three experiments, and all of those experiments share the same goal, and the visitor fires that goal, then yes, all three experiments will count an event for that goal.

Does that explanation help?

Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com

Peace 12-17-15

Thanks for the fast answer.

I think I understood it but let me just repeat it to make sure I got it:

So am I right if I have 10 landing pages and on every landing page are the event triggers button1_pressed, cart_completed and order_sent (every landing page has the same built in jquery shop process, no url change), then let's say for landing page 3 the event button1_pressed is just fired for the experiment for landing page3 if the visitor was not on another landing page before? But every landing page can be an own experiment with the three mentioned calls added from the goal list I set up once?

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Level 1

Yup!
Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com