Rich-text Reply

Instant Update of a feature for Android & iOS App

Anand 09-09-15

Instant Update of a feature for Android & iOS App

Hi ,

I want to know that can we change a feature on the fly for iOS App/Android without conducting any experiment .For example If I have a button which has BuyNow text on it .Can I change it to Sell Now text without writing any code ,so basically is there any feature in optimizely which can be used to update a feature instantly to all the users who have current optimizely sdk on their mobile apps without conducting any experiment

Thanks 

Anand

Level 1

adzeds 09-09-15

Re: Instant Update of a feature for Android & iOS App

You can run a test and set the variation that you want to be your new design to show to 100% of users...

This is the sort of thing that we do when we are waiting for changes to be released by our dev team.
David Shaw
Level 11

Hi @Anand,

@adzeds is spot on.  Use the Optimizely Visual Editor to make the text change to your button, and then set traffic allocation to 100% for that variation.

You do still have to do this within the context of a new or existing experiment however.  This is the way Optimizely delivers any kind of change to your app.

Does this approach meet your needs?

Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com

Anand 09-10-15

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for your reply.Lets say that I am simultaneously conducting 2 experiment .I am doing 1st experiment on 10% of my users & I am doing second experiment on 10% of my users.So is there a way by which I can show the variation of the two experiments to 100% of all users simultaneously

Thanks & Regards,

Anand

Level 1

Hi @Anand,

If I understand your question correctly, you're saying experiment 1 has 10% of traffic allocated to it, which means 90% of traffic will not see the experiment at all, and they will see the unchanged version of your app.  The setup is identical for experiment 2.

Are you trying to show just 1 variation to 100% of the 10% of visitors who will see each experiment?  If so the answer is yes.  See the screesnhot below, in which the second setting allows you to direct 100% of the included visitors to a single variartion.

traffic.png

Is this what you're trying to achieve?

Harrison Krat
Solutions Architect | Optimizely, Inc.
harrison@optimizely.com