Rich-text Reply

Modifying a single TableView cell

Leanne 11-14-14

Modifying a single TableView cell

I’m trying to modify a single TableView cell in my app, but when I use the Optimizely Visual editor, all my TableView cells are changing color. Is there a way to change a single TableView cell?

Level 2

Pam 11-14-14

Re: Modifying a single TableView cell

Good question! If you would like to be able to modify a single UITableViewCell, you can [tag](#tag%20your%20views) the specific UITableViewCell with an optimizelyId.
Optimizely makes the same change to each UITableViewCell in a UITableView when making a visual change by default.
Pam
Optimizely
tdevoy 12-18-14

Hi Pam,

How do we manage to do that in the Optimizely experiment console? Each of my tableview cells have a different optimizelyId, but I'm unsure as to how I can view those id's and modify them via the Optimizely dashboard. I want to either hide or disable just a single cell from my table view. If you could help me with the steps to accomplish this that would be incredibly appreciated!

Thank you!

Level 1
Pam 12-18-14

[ Edited ]

Hi @tdevoy , you should be able to click on a single cell from your table view and hide or disable that cell once you have tagged the element with an optimizelyId.  There might be something specific to your implementation that might be causing the TableView cell not to be hidden or tagged as expected.  I will follow up over e-mail to see if we can debug the issue you are seeing together!

Pam
Optimizely