Rich-text Reply

Optimizely for iOS!

Carsten 11-19-14
Accepted Solution

Optimizely for iOS!

Hi,

I'm currently seeing issues with the iOS SDK 0.8.57. It seems the method swizzling is breaking the UITableview's subview UITableViewWrapperView when targetting a build to iOS 7. Builds for iOS 8 aren't affected. As a result I see an empty table view which is calling all the standard delegate methods as usual but as a result not showing anyting below the table header.

I can prevent this behaviour by disabling the method swizzling via +[Optimizely disableSwizzle] which works for my app - at the moment. I'm not doing swizzling on my own, nor do I have extremely weird table view cells implemented.

Is this a known issue or any ideas how to deal with this more properly?

Level 2

Carsten 11-19-14

Re: Optimizely for iOS!

Just guessing: this might be caused by the new 'O'-gesture for connecting a device to Optimizely Smiley Happy

Level 2

[ Edited ]

@Carsten, thanks for using Optimizely's iOS SDK!

This issue should have been fixed in today's update. We recommend you update the SDK to version 1.0.60 in your app via the instructins on developers.optimizely.com/ios/. We are of course more than happy to help if you have any other questions at all.

Cheers,

Derek

Carsten 11-20-14

Hey Derek

it turned out, I was using too tight Cocoapod definitions and blindly trusting my $ pod outdated results, which pointed me to 0.8.x instead of the "real" latest 1.x

I still need to review this, but I think this already solved my issue. Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction!

Cheers,

Carsten

Level 2

That's great to hear, @Carsten! Don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions at all!

Thanks!

Derek