Rich-text Reply

Optimizely iOS sdk - testing live environment

Leslie 11-12-15

Optimizely iOS sdk - testing live environment

How we can test whether the changes we make in the web editor will apply in all the devices. 

What we tried is 

We have integrated optimizely sdk and installed the app in many devices. We connected one of the device to the editor and made it in edit mode while the rest of the devices are in normal mode.

The changes we make in the editor will only apply in the device which is in edit mode. Rest of the devices wont take those changes.

We are not sure this way we can test the live environment. 

Please help me on this.

Level 1

tedroddy 11-12-15

Re: Optimizely iOS sdk - testing live environment

Leslie,

I will reach out to you by email because it sounds like you could use some extra support from Optimizely. I wonder what may be stopping the changes from showing up on the other devices. Some things to check are:

- Is the experiment started?
- Has the experiment been saved with the new changes?
- Are these devices being excluded because of an audience condition or traffic allocation?

Changes to an experiment can take some time to be downloaded by the app. An app that is connected directly to the Editor in Edit mode will show you the changes immediately, but other apps will need to be included in the experiment or put in Preview mode in order for changes to be apparent. I'd like to get some clarification from you about how you are testing this so I can determine a recommendation.

Best,
Ted
Best,
Ted
Optimizely
Leslie 11-13-15

Re: Optimizely iOS sdk - testing live environment

The experiment is in running state
It is saved with the new changes
Audience is everyone

I need to put every device to preview mode in order to be able to see the variations?
If I uninstall the app and reinstall in I am able to see the variations in other devices.
Level 1