Rich-text Reply

Plain text or Encrypted? regarding the data from SDK to server and from server to Mobile App

Tammy 01-27-16
Accepted Solution

Plain text or Encrypted? regarding the data from SDK to server and from server to Mobile App

Hi,

Now we are planning to use Optimizely SDK for game App.

Then we would like to know the data are encrypted or not, data means Live variables, Json file user will download from Optimizely and events users will send from App to Optimizely server.

The reason why we ask this is because we want to use Live variable for important variable in App that affects the score users can earn in the game, and it also has strong relation with internal charge(payment), so we need to be sensitive to deal with the variable to avoid malicious access.

Plain text or  Encrypted?  Could you please let us know?

Tamie
Level 6

Tammy 01-28-16

Re: Plain text or Encrypted? regarding the data from SDK to server and from server to Mobile App

Hello,

English is not my mother language, I'm sorry if the sentences in my post above was hard to read and understand.
Please let me know also if there's something hard to understand in my English :-)
Tamie
Level 6
Pam 01-28-16

Re: Plain text or Encrypted? regarding the data from SDK to server and from server to Mobile App

[ Edited ]

@Tammy Thanks for reaching out!

The data that's downloaded is not encrypted and uses plain text.  However, you are welcome to include obfuscated data values in the live variable, and your app code can decrypt the value on the client side.  Would that help?

For additional information, I've included the schema we use in the datafile.

http://developers.optimizely.com/ios/schema/
http://developers.optimizely.com/android/schema/

Feel free to reach out if you have additional questions!

Cheers,

Pam

Pam
Optimizely
Tammy 01-29-16

Thank you so much @Pam!
Tamie
Level 6