Rich-text Reply

Re: Ask Us Anything -- Khattaab Khan, Optimizely's Stragegy Consultant, and Raman Bhatia, Director o

96Mayankjain 05-05-16

Re: Ask Us Anything -- Khattaab Khan, Optimizely's Stragegy Consultant, and Raman Bhatia, Director o

Hi Team ,

I have a hybrid app base on ionic-angular . I need to integrate Optimizely for both android and ios builds. Do we have phonegap plugin which covers all the optimizely functionalities as native code does or if not what is the alternative way to implement your sdk in my hybrid app.Please reply asap
DavidS 05-06-16

Hi 96Mayankjain,

Thanks for reaching out!

PhoneGap doesn't support Cookies and since Optimizely relies on cookies to track unique visitors it is not possible to use it. 

As for other alternatives, unfortunately we have no official supported integration. Since those platforms rewrite Javascript or any other language into native code, Optimizely specific binding code will need to be translated into native code. This will require development resources. The best way would be to write native apps (iOS and Android) and use our official SDK for each platform to implement Optimizely. 

I hope this is not causing too much trouble on your end. 

Best,

David

Optimizely