Rich-text Reply

Targeting new vs. returning users

nst 11-19-14

Targeting new vs. returning users

[ Edited ]

I see this feature is available for the web. Is it available for mobile tests as well? I did not see the option in the list of targeting criteria.

nst
Level 1

Re: Targeting new vs. returning users

@nst, thanks for using our Mobile SDK and for the question!

Being able to target on New vs. Returning visitors is a feature that is available in web but not in our Mobile SDK. If you haven't already, please feel free to check out this recently updated article on the Targeting conditions we currently have available.

You can also post your request on the product ideas board for additional visibility. Our Product Team is continually viewing this page, and it will allow others to vote on the idea as well.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Derek

Re: Targeting new vs. returning users

@nst, I wanted to add one more thing that occured to me.

While we don’t have an actual New vs. Returning Users Targeting condition you can use, you can have your development team create code that tracks new vs. returning users by setting an incremental visit counter to NSUserDefaults. Based on if the variable that is set, you can then use a Custom Tag to determine if someone is a new or returning users. Feel free to have your development team reach out if they have any questions.

Cheers!

Derek