Rich-text Reply

Using Live Variable in App extension part

Tammy 10-28-16
Accepted Solution

Using Live Variable in App extension part

Hi,

Now We're trying to use Optimizely for our custom keyboard App for iOS.

Let me share some detail below:

- The App consists of 2 parts - regular app part and app extension part.

- The keyboard function part of our App is made by App extension.

The keyboard function part is the part we would like to test by Optimizely's live variable.

We tried to use Live variables in App extension part (keyboard part), but the live variable which should be listed on Optimizely's editor would've not come out, though live variables we are using in regular app part appeared on the list.

Is there any way to use live variables at the part of App extension? or should we give up using live variable at app extension part?

Could you please advise me?

Tamie
Level 6

Tammy 10-31-16

Re: Using Live Variable in App extension part

I hope I can get a feedback...
Tamie
Level 6
robertchan 10-31-16

Did you already identify the live variables prior to your App Store submission? Optimizely requires that Live Variables be identified prior.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
tedroddy 11-01-16

Hi Tammy,

Our Optimizely Classic mobile SDK doesn't support app extensions such as custom keyboards or iMessage apps. We have a new SDK coming out that will work for these purposes and may more. You can read about it in our documentation here: https://developers.optimizely.com/x/solutions/sdks/introduction/index.html?language=objectivec&platf...

Let me know if you'd like to get beta access to this SDK to start testing it out.
Best,
Ted
Optimizely
Tammy 11-02-16

Hi @tedroddy

Thank you for your reply, that was very helpful.

We will think about trying Beta access to X Mobile SDK.

Thank you.

Tammy 

Tamie
Level 6