Ask the Expert: Optimizely X

by Optimizely ‎11-10-2016 November 10, 2016 - edited ‎11-14-2016 November 14, 2016

Hello!

Have a question about Optimizely X? We want to hear them!  Between now and 11/17, join this Ask the Expert with Optimizely’s team by asking your questions. Then, return on 11/18, when Optimizely’s team will answer them!

What went into our design process? How is Optimizely X best used? What does the future have in store? Our experts are standing by!

Want to try out Optimizely X yourself? Join the Free Trial now!

Comments
by EH
‎11-15-2016 November 15, 2016

When will it work with ClickTale?

EH
Level 2
by

What was the most sought-after feature of Optimizely X that was integrated and came from classic users' feedbacks?

Experimentation Hero
by Kristen_S

With the launch of Optimizely X, will the Optimizely Academy materials be updated to reflect the new interface and some of the new features and functionality? Does this affect Optimizely Platform certifications at all?

Level 3
by Zsolt

I second Robert's question!

Level 5
by maddy
‎11-17-2016 November 17, 2016

How many clients already are using / have adopted the OTT feature eg for Apple TVs?

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎11-18-2016 November 18, 2016

@EH Hi EH, we plan to release the Optimizely X Clicktale integration by the end of the year.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-18-2016 November 18, 2016

@Kristen_S Hi Kristen!

We've already updated the Academy to offer onboarding educational content for Optimizely X, including an "Academy Live" virtual session (which you can watch asychronously, if you prefer). The self-paced courses are specific to Optimizely Classic, but we'll be adding similar courses for Optimizely X in the next few months.

We'll also release two new certifications early next year that cover topics related to Optimizely X (one that's more general and focused on implementation/building experiments, and another that's more technical/developer focused). At that time, we'll remove the current Platform and Developer certification, though anyone who passed those exams prior to our removing them will still be certified for one year from the date they received their certification.

I'll be posting more info on this in the community in early December.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-22-2016 November 22, 2016

@maddy We have customers using OTT in the early access program, but the product has not yet launched in general availability.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-22-2016 November 22, 2016

@robertchan While I'm not the PM for the product, I can say with some confidence that a feature commonly requested and integrated in Optimizely X was the ability to reuse pages across experiments without having to set them up again. Another one is to have events (which are similar to goals) *always on* once you set one up so that if you forgot to add an event to an experiment and you're curious about it in the results page, you can just add it later to check how it was affected. Finally, I know a lot of people are excited about having variation level CSS in their experiments. 

Optimizely