[Contest] What do you want to take away from Opticon 2015?

by Optimizely ‎01-21-2015 January 21, 2015 - last edited on ‎02-06-2015 February 6, 2015 by Optimizely

A winner has been selected randomly. Our winner is ShaneG. Thanks for all of your contributions! 

Opticon.png

We are heads down into creating an incredible experience for you this year at Opticon.  A big part of making sure that everyone walks away feeling delighted from their experience end empowered to challenge the status quo, we need to create visionary and useful content.  In order to accomplish this vision, we need your help!  

Share with us - what speakers do you want to hear from?  What topics do you want to learn more about?  How do you want to interact with other attendees to get the most value out of your time?

• Reply to this post with your Opticon ideas and you’ll receive 1 contest entry.  
  • Vote on the ideas that you love the most by clicking the heart icon.

ticket.jpgWhat can you win?

We'll select one random winner from those who submit to win a free seat to either our Strategy or Technical hands-on training classes happening on June 16th. The value of this prize is $600!  To be eligible to win, you'll need to submit your ideas before February 6th.  We'll announce the winner via email and in Optiverse during the week of February 9th.

What are the rules?

Each user can only post one submission. You can read the Terms and Conditions of this contest here

Comments
by td_evans
‎01-22-2015 January 22, 2015

I always find talks that focus on process more interesting than examples of winning tests. After all your winning test, may not transfer onto my site, and may well be a loser for our audience. A talk which focusses on how companies have got teams to buy into AB testing, how they prioritise AB tests, how they keep track of tests would be incredibly useful. 

Level 2
by ShawnFD

As far as speakers, I'd love to hear from Chris Goward, author of You Should Test That!

Regarding topics, I think there are so many lessons people can learn from case studies that an entire lecture on case studies could be informative. Those stick out in people's minds more than a simple lesson on the moral of a story.

And given that, attendee interaction that would be most valuable would also be case studies. For my part, I have a wealth of interesting tests I've conducted that have resulted in learning experiences. Also, how to handle communication regarding in-progress tests. For instance, "What's happening with this test?" is a dangerous question, because if they ask you that after a week when the test needs to run for 1.5 months, they could get the impression that there's a clear-cut winner and we're wasting time continuing the test. Executives are notorious for wanting quick action, and that can be disasterous with a false positive result based on statistically insignificant sample sizes.

Level 1
by Pauline

For me there are 2 things that I would really want to see:

- Optimization trends: you guys are the optimization experts. What is coming up in the next 3 years, what do we need to get ready for? I've heard personalization and cross-device optimization are getting bigger.

How to you move our program to this next level, how can you start with small tests and iterate.Sometimes "personalization" can be scary and too broad but if you can give us idea on how to break it down with suggested steps or first tests to run that would be extremely useful.

- Company culture: 

For optimization teams that are very isolated and have to fight for ressources: how to you get your own team, how do you get recognition

For established optimization teams: how to you create an A/B test company culture? How to you gamify optimization in the entire organization, how do you get more departments to join the A/B tests philosphy and work together (SEM, Emails..) etc.?

Level 2
by rcarteriPro
‎01-23-2015 January 23, 2015

As a relatively fresh starter in the world of CRO, I'm really interested in the growth of this discipline within Digital Marketing, how we can raise its profile and relevancy to clients when they are often blinkered to more typical advertising channels.

What would also be useful is how we can achieve more efficient collaboration and convergence with these other channels to improve the scope of CRO and make it ingrained into the fabric of all owned and bought media.

Level 1
by ben
‎01-23-2015 January 23, 2015 - edited ‎01-23-2015 January 23, 2015

Hi

I would love to hear about iOS, mobile testing and testing on a responsive site. This would cover case studies, experience from people who have used the tool and testing strategies on hand held digital properties.

Another topic I would be interesting in hearing about would be the future of Testing. What is testing going to be like in 2020?

Thanks

Ben

ben
Level 2
by StefanF
‎01-26-2015 January 26, 2015

Hi,

I'm interested in the following things:

1. What do you guys think is the future of optimization?

2. I would like to hear about how a company can set up a process for optimization. Maybe with a example plan and tips from your side. It would be also very cool if you or a other company can present how they setup the process.

3. Your best practice of A/B testing.

Thanks,

Stefan

Level 3
by greg
‎01-26-2015 January 26, 2015
I'd love to see how power users are using Optimizely in new and interesting ways; beyond just basic design tweaks. Maybe "hacking with Optimizely" is a good way to describe it.
Level 2
by gadamoli
‎01-27-2015 January 27, 2015

I would love to hear more about challenges encountered when setting up tests with Optimizely due to maybe a site that was built with a lot of different codes/feature (carosel image - rotating). Further I would like to get samples on how to teach analysts few 'developers' tricks, when analysts are unable to set up testing because they lack developer's skills.

I would like to interact with other attendees by exchanging tips on overall startegy for A/B testing, suggestions on how to set up tests, how they presented their results to the exective team, etc. 

Thank you, Gin

Level 1
by SumaW
‎01-28-2015 January 28, 2015 - edited ‎01-28-2015 January 28, 2015

One of the main attraction of these events is to learn from industry best - to connect, to share stories and hear from fellow members in the same space.

With that in mind, would love to see round table sessions where we have an industry leader driving a group at his/her table - for example, someone from ecommerce industry drives the session around industry best practices, reconciliation with retail (if their companies are in both retail and online space) etc. Another table there might be someone driving the session around acquisition strategies. The roundtable can provide a forum for attendees to meet and learn from each others' experience, learn best practices and share ideas. The idea would be Optimizely team will be able to construct/host many such tables where people can go and connect during the session.

Thanks, Suma

Level 3
by melmed
‎01-30-2015 January 30, 2015

TOPIC:   Top 5 Toughest things to Test -  And here's how these 5 companies pulled it off!

CONFERENCE FEATURE:  Group dinners by interest - Pre-select dinner captains - Captains reserve tables at different restaurants - attendees signup to join different dinners - attendees responsible for own bills.

Level 1
by natron0zero

Hey there,

I'd love to see some full test process examples and why some win, and why others fail. A lot of presentations focus on big wins and case studies, but I find leanring from failures can be just as powerful in the evolution of testing.

Cheers,
nathan

Level 1
by mktgal

Hello!

Such a lovely idea here.  I would be interested in learning the following: 

1 - During your review of all A/B tests that have happened on your platform, which have had the largest impact on ecommerce conversion rates that directly impact revenue for businesses?

2 - Any clients of yours that have had success with your platform & can speak to their results would be great.  I would really be interested in homepage analysis/success, and checkout pages -- it doesn't have to be only successes either, since many a/b tests end as inconclusive, but just some layout of inception, planning phases, testing duration, how they delivered the results to their teams, etc.  Any of the companies here would be interesting.

Thank you,

Hannah~

ZOZI

Level 1
by Phil

1. Bryan Eisenberg as a speaker

2. Help marketers learn what to test. And help marketers realize a few pecentage points difference could mean big rewards.

Level 1
by fiona_yqx
  • What speakers do you want to hear from?

Individuals who spent extensive efforts in establishing a A/B Testing program in the past year.

• What topics do you want to learn more about?

Best practices in experiment design.

• How do you want to interact with other attendees to get the most value out of your time?

Round table - Intro and Q & A

Level 1
by sarahlaz

I love case studies - I would love to see a ton of case studies with in-depth discussion of how hypotheses were formed and detailed analysis of results. In particular, I'd love to see case studies of tests that did not meet expectations based on 'best practices.' 

I'd like to hear from conversion optimization experts, psychology experts with suggestions on how to create informed hypotheses based on what we know about user behavior, and business experts on how to build a testing program in an organization that is new to testing, as well as how to prioritize tests for the biggest ROI.

Level 1
by ShaneG

I would like to hear more about testing persuasive strategies.  It is one thing to optimize a sales funnel so that users with an intent to buy convert at a higher rate.  It is an entirely other thing to actually CREATE intent to buy.  Paco Underhill is the pioneer of this strategy in physical shopping environments.  Would be interesting to see if he has anything to contribute to the digital space.

http://www.pacounderhill.com/speaking.html

Level 2
by MakerMedia

I would like to see how Optimizely can cross test multiple sites. My company has multiple businesses and domains that we would like to test across. Tracking on only one domain is not always going to be accurate when another of our company sites could have been the landing page.

Another talk I would like to hear is about how the technical team can help teach or persuade the executive staff what each test and goal is really doing and its overall benefits.

Time between each of the talks would be nice to network with others.

Level 1
by nabha

I'd like to learn more about how to create a culture of testing within an organization, so that testing, for everyone, becomes a normal and expected part of the process.

Level 2
by kimperformance
‎02-02-2015 February 2, 2015
Peep Laja as a speaker How to use webanalysis to create good hypothese or How to make good reports and how to redistribute the results from testing across the organisation.
by tegan

I agree with td_evans here - I'd want to hear more about setting up a solid foundation and cadence for AB testing; using results of any test, even those that seem inconclusive or yield only minor wins/losses, to make decisions on the next iterations of testing; and prioritization, all which can lead to positive results as impactful as a single "big" win, but more reliably so. 

I'd also find a talk by Paco Underhill or anyone else knowledgable on the topic of implanting intent as well, or creating a landing page that does so without bleeding out those already with intent too much.

Working with others in brainstorming sessions where we receive a set up case study or something similar and are able to discuss ideas as if collaborating in a real job would be interesting.

Level 1
by CA_Samausa

Topics: 

Best practices of using optimizely

DEMOS of interesting ways that people are using optimizely or optimization 

When is optimization too much? Can something be too optimized/personalized?

Share stories of optimizely's impact on an organization's growth or strategy

Interactions:

Workshops / demos -- situations where "networking" isn't explicit but rather an implicit component, people coming together to work through a process or an idea with regard to optimization. 

Level 1
by nancydex

I'd love to learn more beyond simple 'tweaking' tests. For example, testing completely different pages, form functionalities, and integrations with marketing automation tools. Going through and setting up an experiment for a different user flows would be a good interaction... If attendees can have access to a sample account and do it along on their laptops, that'll be great to follow the instructor/speaker.

Level 1
by ktindenver
‎02-03-2015 February 3, 2015

I love to hear more stories from teams successfully implementing a testing strategy.  Given x visits to the website with basic measurement like Google Analytics in place, what's a great way for teams to rollout Optimizely?  Meeting cadence, how to share test results with the team, how to communicate the strategy to the team, etc.

Level 1
by Chris_Stango
‎02-03-2015 February 3, 2015

Hi everyone. 

I'd like to see something about subscription based business models. The customer experience is a lot different than most direct eCommerce sites, and something like LTV takes months or years to calculate. It would be helpful to learn about testing strategies that can be applied to a subscription service, and how to analyze test results before you know the long-term impact and quality of the conversions you just brought in. 

Also, and this has been mentioned above, but 'process' and 'testing culture' would be helpful for those of us where testing is relatively new in our company. 

Level 1
by Optimizely
‎02-06-2015 February 6, 2015

These are all amazing suggestions. We will take all of these into consideration for speakers, sessions, and breakouts. 

Now for what you've all been waiting for. A winner has been slected randomly and the winner is........

@ShaneG !!! Thanks so much for your suggestion Shane. I will reach out to you via email to find out which training session you'd like to attend. 

Please keep an eye out for upcoming contests and campaigns in Optiverse. There will be ample opportunities to share. 

Optimizely