Faces of Optiverse: Adam Avramescu (Optimizely's Customer Education Master)

by Optimizely ‎08-12-2014 August 12, 2014 - edited ‎09-09-2014 September 9, 2014

Adam is an Optimizely rockstar who heads up our Education team. He's been instrumental in building out the Academy courses at learn.optimizely.com, and he is deeply passionate about enabing everyone to become CRO experts. He is incredibly active in the community, and he's a really fun guy to get to know!

I wanted to give you all the chance to ask him any quesitons you may have. 

Name Adam Avramescu  @AdamA 
Title Team Lead, Customer Education

How did you become interested in education and trainings? Did you mean to? Why/Why not?
I've always been interested in the way people learn and communicate. I majored in Rhetoric in college, which is the study of argumentation, and spent a lot of time consulting and mentoring others on their writing. So when I graduated, it was a natural move for me to get into instructional design and education. I learned how to develop engaging online learning programs (including simulations and games!) for Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and educational institutions, and from there I've been passionate about helping build scalable education programs that really help people succeed.

What are you working on right now?
I'm helping to build out our live classroom training programs, which we're delivering as part of The Optimizely Experience in Seattle, Chicago, New York, and Silicon Valley, as well as to our solutions partners around the country. It's great to get out from behind the computer and meet actual Optimizely customers!

Why are you excited about the Optiverse?
Because no matter how many education tools we work on, our most powerful source of education is our customers! Our customers are the ones who are building out amazing new use cases, and who are running into (and solving) interesting issues every day. I hope that our customers learn as much from me as I do from them.

What do you like to do in your free time when you are not working to turn Optimizely's customers into CRO experts? I've actually played in bands for about 15 years, and I still love writing music. I'm also working down an embarrassingly long list of places I want to eat and drink in San Francisco (and I'll take any recommendations from the Optiverse)!

10580213_10104885943561810_2921135996118139030_n.jpg

Comments
by 33Sticks Level 3
‎08-12-2014 August 12, 2014

Nice to meet you, Adam.

Major props on the Academy courses, they are so very well done. Other vendors should look to them as a measuring stick of quality.

Level 3
by Optimizely
‎08-13-2014 August 13, 2014

Great to see you recognised here, Adam! Thanks for all your hard work making everyone's lives easier :-)

Optimizely