Faces of Optiverse: Derek Hammond

by Optimizely ‎07-15-2014 July 15, 2014

At Optimizely, this month's Technical Support Representive of the month is Derek Hammond. I am sure many of you have spoken with him in the past, so I wanted to give you an opportunity to get to know him a little better!  He is extremely knowledgeable and his passion radiates in everything he does. I am certainly honored to work with him. Please feel free to ask him any questions! 

Name: Derek Hammond

TitleTechnical Support Representative at Optimizely

You can find Derek on LinkedIn:
I asked Derek a few questions, and here's his responses. 

What is your favorite part about being a technical support rep at Optimizely?

I love getting to yes with our customers. So many times we’re approached with the question, “Am I able to do this with Optimizely?”, and most times the answer is YES. Adding that kind of customer delight to an already delightful product while also being able to get my hands dirty in debugging and programming is super fulfilling for me. 

What has been the best interaction you've had with a customer so far?

Getting to think creatively with Michael has been a real pleasure. We’ll some times go back and forth a few times with ways we can approach a test. As a recent example, one of my colleagues and I thought of a way we could use Optimizely to to track a complex goal involving reptitive page views. Getting to work collaboratively with Michael, while testing the limits of the product made this experience a developmental and memorable one for me.

Why are you excited about the Optiverse community?

Optiverse is really setting the bar for customer resources and training, and it’s only just begun. I’m excited to see Optimizely Community grow even further and inspire our customers to think about the types of experiments they’ve never thought of, while empowering them with the knowledge and skills to create what they never thought they could.

What do you like to do in your free time when you are not working to delight customers?

I like to dabble in a bit of carpentry and build things from time to time; I also play guitar and mix and record music a little on the side. Creating something out of nothing, whether it’s writing code, building bunk beds, or recording a song, has always been fascinating to me.

derek_hammond.JPG

Comments
by keith_lovgren Level 2
‎07-15-2014 July 15, 2014

Nice profile! I like your point about being / doing creative things outside of work. I think building / creating things outside of the regular workplace enviornment helps me with think more creatively at my M -F job. 

by Optimizely
‎07-15-2014 July 15, 2014

100% agree, Keith. It's super important to excersise those creative muscles as much as possible! :-)

Optimizely