Florian was the winner of our recent contest: "What are the must-have qualities of a Growth Marketers." As a Growth Analyst at Indiegogo, Florian's answer was spot-on. Here's his response:
"If I were the hiring manager at an Ecommerce or Webapp company the job requirements for a Growth Marketer would be:
- understanding of how marketing tags/pixels work (experience with Doubleclick and/or a tag manager)
- Google Analytics or Catalyst experience: particularly setting up / implementing an account, ad tracking with UTM, pulling multi dimensional reports for funnels to build marginal CPA analysis per customer cohort
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables FTW)
- 2014 front end coding knowledge - Expert HTML/CSS(a simpler language than JS), moderate knowledge of JS/jQuery to understand UI and UX opportunities and be able to implement tests with an A/B framework (Optimizely!
Combining these components you can manage and optimize an advertising campaign from the view, to attribution, to how to optimize your UX per cohort."
I asked him a few questions so we can get to know him on a more personal level. Here are his answers:
Name: Florian Mettetal
Title: Growth Analyst
You can find him at: www.linkedin.com/in/florianmettetal/
- Tell us about your journey to work in Conversion Rate Optimization.
I’ve always been a geek and an entrepreneur. I started off as a website developer but while seeking growth roles at companies often found myself in marketing positions (web marketing manager, SEM manager, etc.). As I developed my skills as a marketer the industry caught up and there was more often a need for someone with my hybrid skillset. Today, I have a huge amount of technical and marketing knowledge that I combine to succeed in my role as a growth analyst.
- You have a very extensive background in Marketing. Are there a few specific skills that you’ve picked up along the way which have proved invaluable for your current Growth Analyst job at IndieGogo?
- What tip would you give to a friend who was just getting started with website optimization?
Build a strong understanding of why UI changes work. Search for company presentations or whitepapers about website optimization and why changing a button color or position had the effect it did.
- What’s a fun fact about yourself that others wouldn’t guess upon first meeting you?
Here’s a few: I’ve worked for the nerdiest MMORPG (EVE Online), started a fraternity chapter (Sigma Pi), owned an EDM event company, and am a diamond league Starcraft2 player.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.