- Can you tell us a little about your path to end up working in Conversion Rate Optimization?
- What do you think are the top 3 skills required to be effective at designing and executing your testing program (from a strategic point of view)?
- On a similar note, you’ve gotten compliments about your contributions to strategic discussions in the Optiverse and you’ve helped many customers build out successful testing programs. Can you share your secrets for effective strategic analysis?
- Are there any tools/blogs out there you can’t live without?
- Where do you see conversion rate 2 years from now? Do you think it will evolve from A/B testing? How does the increasing dominance of mobile play a part?
- As you alluded to, and to no-one's surprise, organizations are about to get dramatically better at connecting with their customers on mobile devices, or more appropriately, regardless of the device and application. Optimizely's recent launch of our iOS testing product is leading this charge. The pipes are being put in place to allow much easier implementation of creative, seamless cross-device experiences.
We’re nearing a tipping point in ‘personalization’ that is very exciting to me personally, which I’m sure that those of you who have experience with web analytics can relate to. There’s been a paradigm of using segmentation to unearth insights about how different cohorts of your audience interact with your brand online, differentiated by Demographics, Behavioral, and Contextual cues; until very recently, it was extremely difficult to make this data actionable. Intuitively, we all want to make sure our ‘50 year old male power user’ is getting a different experience than ‘teenage girl social media expert’. Once again, Optimizely is leading the democratization of technology by taking the guesswork and legwork from delivering personalization; we’re working on reporting that will ‘automagically’ discover segments of your audience that behave statistically significantly differently from the average, and allow you to instantly create audiences that you can target to; even today, with new features like List Targeting, Audiences, and integration with 3rd party data data management platforms (DMP) like BlueKai, Tealium, and DemandWare DemandBase, personalization is rapidly moving from ‘Nice to Have’ to ‘Playing Stakes’.
- This is the one that's really going to take people by surprise. We're just starting to hear about exciting, fanciful use cases of 'Big Data' powering machine learning from companies like IBM (Watson) and Google (search, driverless cars, etc.). Online, everyone is exploring what they can learn from the immense data sets provided by their analytics platform, digital advertising providers, A/B testing, app usage, CRM provider, email, etc. The current state of the industry is, if you're lucky, to have dedicated analysts conduct laborious querying, reporting, analysis, and maybe modeling exercises to find something useful from this data, then fed to your design or marketing or engineering team to hopefully make something happen. Imagine if your platform automatically discovers and displays the most interesting data, and provides a seamless process for turning that into action? This is actually much closer than you might expect. Optimizely is uniquely positioned as a platform that powers both experience creation and analytics reporting, so look for more automated machine-learning powered experiment analysis and experiment creation from us in the (short) future.
- What’s your favorite vacation spot you’ve travelled to? Why?
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.