Faces of Optiverse: Megan Bush

by Optimizely ‎07-09-2014 July 9, 2014

We recently ran a contest in Optiverse which asked for advice that could be provided to an optimization newbie. Our Optiverse member, @MeganBush , was randomly chosen as the winner of this contest. Since she has also been very active in Optiverse, I wanted to allow you all get to know her a little better. 

Here's a brief intro to Megan -- I encourage you all to ask her any questions you may have, as she is a very talented and passionate individual.  Smiley Happy

Name: Megan Bush

TitleConversion Optimization Consultant at Blue Acorn.

You can find Megan on Twitter and LinkedIn:

I asked Megan a few questions, and here's her responses. 

What habit do you have that helps you be a successful website optimizer
I always ask a lot of questions, and rarely make assumptions.

How did you end up working in website optimization? Did you mean to? Why/Why Not?
I started my career working in SEO, and I could never get over how it felt like SEO was more focused on the search engine robots than on the human beings using the websites. Because this always bothered me, it lead me to start researching conversion optimization and focusing on the end user.

What's been your favorite A/B testing moment so far?
My favorite A/B testing moment thus far was when a test I ran was featured in an article in The New York Times Optimizely feature. This feature make me realize that the industry is growing and being seen more and more as important by business leaders outside of digital marketing, validating my shift from SEO to CRO. It also helped prove a point to those around the office who didn't think that particular test was worth running.

What's your favorite vacation spot? Why?
Napa Vally is my happy place. You can't beat the amazing scenery, amazing wines and sense of relaxation it always delivers.

megan_bush.jpg