Introducing Daniel!

by Optimizely ‎07-08-2016 July 8, 2016

Hey there Optiverse community,

I'm thrilled to introduce you to our newest Optiverse Community Manager, Daniel Quick!

Daniel is a Senior Customer Education Manager at Optimizely and has an extensive background in gamification, learning and community. He will be putting his experience to work creating an amazing optimization community for all of you to learn, network and grow.

3dd9fd6.jpg

Here are three interesting things you should know about Daniel:

1. He helped build gamification in Optiverse
    Prior to joining Optimizely, Daniel owned a gaming studio. He used his knowledge of game theory to help design the systems driving gamification in the Optiverse.

2. He runs the academy and certification program
    Daniel’s educational background focuses on instructional design, and he has a passion for learning and assessment.

3. He is inspired by science fiction
    An avid fan of science fiction, Daniel read a book as a child that inspired him to pursue a career in innovative technology.

Feel free to reach out to Daniel directly here as he gets up and running!

Comments
by
‎07-11-2016 July 11, 2016

Really cool to know about the gamification, welcome Daniel!

Level 14
by
‎07-12-2016 July 12, 2016

Welcome Daniel Smiley Happy, sad to see you leave Shanann Smiley Sad!

Level 10
by Optimizely
‎07-13-2016 July 13, 2016

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Optimizely
by Zsolt
‎07-13-2016 July 13, 2016

Truth be told, if it wouldn't be for the gamification (and the Apple Watch as a reward) most of us wouldn't probably stick around as much Smiley Happy 

Level 5
by Optimizely
‎07-14-2016 July 14, 2016

Zsolt, 

I hope that in the coming months, you'll find multiple reasons to stick around! Smiley Happy

Optimizely
by mminshew
‎07-18-2016 July 18, 2016

What was the book you read that peeked your interest in tech?

Level 4
by Optimizely
‎07-19-2016 July 19, 2016

It was called "The Diamond Age," by Neal Stephenson. As a teenager, I was utterly fascinated by the learning technology featured in that novel.

Optimizely