New Certifications Coming Soon!

by Optimizely ‎12-20-2016 December 20, 2016

Hello Optinauts!

Two and half years ago, we launched the Optimizely Certification program to help individuals demonstrate their understanding of Optimizely and showcase their proficiency to others. Since then, a lot has changed with our technology, and yet we've made very few changes to our certification program. With the release of Optimizely X, we decided it was time to update Optimizely Certification!

This January, we are lauching two brand new Certifications. The first, we're calling Optimizely Certified User: Web Experimentation. This credential will replace the current Platform Certification. It is designed for folks who want to demonstrate their proficiency with building and launching an Optimizely X experiment. 

Our second is called Optimizely Certified Developer: Web Products, and will replace the current Optimizely Developer certification. This exam will test applicants on more advanced technical skills related to Optimizely X Web. 

In addition to new certificaitons, we'll also be launching a new certification website, which you can access from the Optiverse nav bar. Finally, we're planning on moving the exams to our Academy platform so that they are more closely tied to our learning materials. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about our new certifications!

Daniel

Comments
by Level 13
a month ago

This is awesome!

Level 13
by
a month ago

I'm studying the material, I have months studing Optimizely
(Studying for the Platform Exam / Academy)
and I was planning to take the exam in January 2017 (OPTIMIZELY PLATFORM)

So how this new changes is going to affect me
I have to start over again (new learning path, new material)
and where I can found this new information.

by JWN
3w ago
Hi Daniel, Good to read that new certifications are on their way! I still have a question... I read on the current certification page that there's a new certification coming soon; 'Strategy Certification'. You don't write anything about this one in your post above. Can you tell anything about it? When/If it's still on the planning? Thanx, Jan Wolter Niemeijer
JWN
Level 1
by joelm
3w ago

Hi Daniel,

this sounds great!

Where can i find out costings - in AUD- for each of the 2 current, and the new cerification levels?

Thanks.

Joel

Level 1
by Optimizely
2w ago

Sorry about the delay in responding. 

@Roman-Delcarmen We will be transitioning to the new exam in mid January. You still have a couple weeks to take the old exam! When we launch the new exam, we will launch a new study guide to accompany it. 

@JWN We will not be offering a strategy exam at this time, but it's something we're exploring. When the new certification website launches in the next day or two, you'll notice that the Strategy exam is no longer there. 

@joelm We don't plan on changing the cost of the exam. The registration fee for an Optimizely Certification exam is $100 (U.S.)

Optimizely
by NikiEstrella
2w ago

Hi Daniel,

Will the exam be offered in alternative languages? French, German and Spanish?

Thanks,

Niki

Level 1
by Optimizely
2w ago

@NikiEstrella We will only be offering the exam in English at launch, but we'll be exploring alternative languages in the future. 

Optimizely
by jpfotoz
2w ago

AWESOME!! 

Where do I sign up?

Level 6
by
2w ago

Where and when will be avaialble the new documentation?

by Optimizely
2w ago

@jpfotoz @Roman-Delcarmen We are targeting a launch date of January 17th. You'll be able to access the new certifications and the study guides from the Certification webpage, which is now accessible from the Optiverse nav bar. 

Optimizely
by
2w ago

Thanks @DanielQ

by sushilkin
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Thanks for the update. It looks good.

Level 1