What are your testing resolutions for 2016?

by Optimizely ‎12-13-2015 December 13, 2015

As 2015 winds down, the Optimizely team thought it would be fun to take a moment to reflect on everything we've learned through our testing this year ... and use that to inform what we resolve to do starting in January!

So tell us: What are your testing New Year's resolutions for 2016? What will you start, stop, or continue doing to make sure you continue to grow, learn, and meet your goals in the new year?

Here are some ideas to get started:

• "I'm making a resolution to never run an experiment without a hypothesis again."
  • "I'm making a resolution to have regular syncs with my UX researchers to inform my test ideas."
  • "I'm making a resolution to make my prioritization process transparent."
  • "I'm making a resolution to get everyone involved in fun, educational testing contests!"

We'll be sharing our favorites on social media, along with a personalized image that you can share or print out for your office!

Comments
by JohnH
‎12-13-2015 December 13, 2015 - edited ‎12-13-2015 December 13, 2015

Over the holidays and next year, I'd like to really get a firm grasp on jQuery and Javascript so that I can run more complex tests. I'm working through some Code Academy classes right now. (if anyone has any recommendations, send them my way)

Level 2
by
‎12-14-2015 December 14, 2015

This year has been an exciting one for Complex in terms of conversion and optimization testing. Here at the company, I've established an organized structure of weekly meetings with department heads to go over current, past, and upcoming tests in addition to bi-weekly testing roadmaps and analytical reports sent to all individuals involved in the testing process. I definitely hope to continue fostering this unity, and connect with even more departments to expand our testing culture. I hope to take lessons learnt from successful experiments and combine them with results from current experiments to build even more in-depth experiments. For example, what started as simply manipulating the text on links has led to brand new widgets that are custom built and being tested on a consistent basis. The horizon sees us going head to head with ad block detection, and ensuring that ad block for a media company is not an obstacle, but an opportunity to advance and leverage our innovative content on an ever-changing market.

Level 14
by
‎12-15-2015 December 15, 2015

I'm making a resolution for next year to make sure that testing is even more integrated into the rest of our marketing team so that we can test even more. We did around ±180 tests this year and we should at least be able that next year with some additional resources.

Also hope to share even more knowledge about how we do things so everybody can learn from it and we get more feedback on what we can improve, which helped us already a ton this year!

Level 10
by EH
‎12-16-2015 December 16, 2015 - edited ‎12-16-2015 December 16, 2015

I'm making sure our research before the test is more thorough.  This will help us with our hypothesis statements/documents with having a better understanding customer behavior as well as allow us to be more specific with the questions that need to be answered.

As this process has been improved over the last few months, we've seen more engagement from upper management on both ends of the process.  So far this has been a positive experience.

EH
Level 2
by Optimizely
‎12-17-2015 December 17, 2015

@JohnH Great resolution, and awesome that you've already gotten a head start! 

Optimizely
by Optimizely

@robertchan That's a great set of resolutions built on some impressive testing successes. And trend-savvy to boot! Thanks for sharing.

Optimizely
by

Thanks @ShanaR Smiley Very Happy!

Level 14
by Optimizely

@MartijnSch Congrats on a very productive year of testing, and great to hear there are plans to keep building on your successes and finding areas for improvement!

Optimizely
by maddy
‎12-22-2015 December 22, 2015

I make a resolution for next year to work more torwards optimization and growth. That does not mean less testing but it emphasises what is most important when testing: the goal in mind to make something existing even better

I also make a resolution to have our job titles changed from "Testing Managers" to "Growth - " or "Optimization Managers" to reflect the 1st resolution Smiley Very Happy

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎01-05-2016 January 5, 2016

@JohnH @robertchan @MartijnSch @EH @maddy Thank you for sharing your 2016 resolutions!

We had an image made with each of your resolutions - some of them were very thorough, so we broke them into two parts.

Feel free to share them on social media! We're introducing our Testing Toolkit, which is a great complement to the resolutions. Here's a sample tweet: 

What’s your testing resolution? Achieve it with the free resources in our Testing Toolkit:

OPT-Twitter-800x320_TTK_NYRes_JOHNH.jpg

OPT-Twitter-800x320_TTK_NYRes_CHAN.jpg

OPT-Twitter-800x320_TTK_NYRes_CHAN2.jpg

OPT-Twitter-800x320_TTK_NYRes_EJ.jpg

OPT-Twitter-800x320_TTK_NYRes_SCHEIJBELER.jpg

OPT-Twitter-800x320_TTK_NYRes_SCHEJIBELER2.jpg

OPT-Twitter-800x320_TTK_NYRes_MADDY.jpg

Optimizely
by

Thanks @ShanaR! Looks great!

Level 14
by

Looking good!

Level 10
by scleveland
‎01-14-2016 January 14, 2016

Our biggest resolution for 2016 would be to focus on improving our sites.  Not just trying to find ways to fix our sites. 

We have gotten into the mindset of using optimizely to try to test possible solutions to problems and pain points on our site.  Albeit good to do.  We want to focus on looking outside the box and doing more enhancements to improve our customers experience this year.

As the developer on our team, i want to learn learn learn as much as I can about what we can and can't do with optimizely.  I want to branch out and try different testing methods, and utilize other features you have to offer that we haven't used yet.

Level 2