0 Likes

Ability To Push Data Back To Optimizely

by ‎09-29-2014 September 29, 2014

It would be great if we had the option to bucket data about our visitors in Optimizely, so that we could push data relevant back to Optimizely to store it in the results.

Specifically I am currently looking for a solution that would allow me to push some conversion data back to Optimizely such as visitors email address when then convert.

This can then be used when reporting on things like long-term revenue gains from testing as we can better judge the lifetime values of customers based on which bucket they were in on a test.

In my case we are looking to run incentivized signups and would like to be able to log the visitors email addresses in the Optimizely result so that we know what version of the page they saw, helpful if you are testing several incentives as you would want to know what incentive a visitor was offered.

Just a thought as I am finding it difficult to get to a work-around solution.

Level 11

Comments
by Optimizely
‎09-29-2014 September 29, 2014

@adzeds - what are you using currently to collect email addresses and long term revenue information on a customer basis? Rather than Optimizely collecting and storing informatin you pass to us, it might bt easier for Optimizely to pass  experiment/variation information into your existing CRM. You could leverage our APIs to do this. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you so we can explore potential solutions here Smiley Happy

Optimizely
by
‎09-30-2014 September 30, 2014

Hi Amanda,

The issue for us is more about the delay in implementing system changes. To submit work to dev and get it done it can take months. Meaning we would have to delay testing until the data collection facilty has been implemented in our tech environment.

However, if we were able to send back to data value pairs to our Optimizley experiment and have the ability to export them then we would be able to perform a lot more tests and reduce delays inside our business.

Due to privacy polcies on Google Analytics and other providers we are not able to pump data into those systems which would normally be the easiest and quickest route for doing this.

Just a thought. If this is not something that can be built in then I may have to look at developing an independant solution that I can use.

Level 11
by Optimizely
‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014 - edited ‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014

Hey there - For the time being, we will not be able to collect the data value pairs for security reasons. We can definitely work with you to push your Optimizely experiment data to your CRM using the API once you get it implemented. 

-Amanda

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014
Status changed to: Maybe One Day

Optimizely