0 Likes

Ability to sort variations on the results page

by timgregory ‎10-07-2014 October 7, 2014

At the moment it looks like it's only possible to launch a winning variation that has the highest conversion out of all variations.

When we segment by mobile/non-mobile, or weight different conversions and actions, sometimes we would like to launch a different variation from the one presented by Optimizely.

At the moment the workaround seems to be to clone the experiment and fiddle with the traffic allocation, but it would be much simpler to be able to launch the variation that we choose.

Level 2

Comments
by Optimizely
‎10-07-2014 October 7, 2014

Hey Tim, that's a great idea!

I will mention that currently, the "Launch" button on the Results page will launch your experiment to all new users -- visitors who previously saw a different variation of your experiment will continue to see that variation. In other words, it's as if you took your current experiment and allocated 100% of traffic to your winning variation. We do this to ensure consistency.

If you want visitors who have previously seen an experiment to now see your winning variation, *regardless of whether you're using the "Launch" button or Traffic Allocation*, you will still have to duplicate the experiment and set the new experiment to have 100% of traffic see the winning variation.

I hope this clarifies the existing functionality, and hopefully we'll be able to introduce new features that address your request as well!

Optimizely
by timgregory
‎10-08-2014 October 8, 2014

thanks for clearing that up Adam, I thought that launching an experiment would shift both new and existing users over to the launched version.

We've done as you have suggested - duplicated the experiment, deleted all variations except for the winning one, but allocated 80% of traffic to the winner and 20% to the original to ensure that the gains we saw in the previous experiment are replicated in the duplicate

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎11-20-2014 November 20, 2014
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely