Access Web Editor for Archived Experiments

by MJBeisch Level 2 ‎07-10-2014 July 10, 2014

Currently, you can't access the web editor for an archived experiment from the dashboard unless you first un-archive the experiment. However, you CAN access the web editor for an archived experiment without un-archiving it if you first go to the results page for that experiment and then click the "Edit Experiment" button. I'd like to see the web editor access restriction from the dashboard removed. It seems unnecessary, especially considering that you can get to it anyway through a circuitious route Smiley Tongue

Can you please explain why you don't want to just unarchive the experiment? Are you just trying to look up old variation code to use? Perhaps you can use the experiments API instead: http://developers.optimizely.com/
Level 2

Comments
by
‎07-10-2014 July 10, 2014

Agreed!

Level 11
by
‎07-11-2014 July 11, 2014

Absolutey in for this as well, I didn't even know the workaround so that's already a great help.

Level 10
by Optimizely
‎07-29-2014 July 29, 2014
Status changed to: Maybe One Day
Can you please explain why you don't want to just unarchive the experiment? Are you just trying to look up old variation code to use? Perhaps you can use the experiments API instead: http://developers.optimizely.com/
Optimizely
by alphanumerritt
‎06-16-2015 June 16, 2015

I wasn't aware of the workaround either, thanks for the tip @MJBeisch@jlin typically I just want to look at the variation code for use/adaptation in other experiments. I don't want to put the old test in drafts and it's a pain to un-archive/re-archive when there really shouldn't be a need to do so.

by MikeP
‎11-01-2016 November 1, 2016

Unarchiving the experiment unnecessarily includes it in the JS snippet.  There's no need to unarchive to access the editor to take screenshotes, copy/paste code, etc..

Ideally, the editor should be available on the archived dash view, but with save functionality disabled. Perhaps called "View Experiment Code/Preview" rather than Edit.

Level 2