Add account name info to notification emails & invoices

by MJBeisch Level 2 ‎12-05-2014 December 5, 2014

I manage multiple separate Optimizely accounts for each of my CRO clients. Whenever I get a notification email (ie. a visitor account overage alert) there's no way for me to tell which Optimizely account the overage is for, based on the content of the email alone. Same thing with billing invoices. I can eventually figure it out if look into the account settings and line up the relevant data (visitor count, invoice date, etc.) but it would be really great if account names were placed into emails and on invoices.

Level 2

Comments
by Optimizely
‎12-05-2014 December 5, 2014

This is a really great idea. Thanks for posting. I am actually going to move this to Product Ideas so our PM team takes a look at it 

Optimizely
by greg
‎12-05-2014 December 5, 2014

Yes, I second this! I manage multiple accounts, and when I get an overage email I have to quickly scramble to find which account it's in... I've sent this idea to the support email before but not sure if it ever went beyond that.

Level 2
by MJBeisch Level 2
‎12-09-2014 December 9, 2014

My office manager has also suggested that it would be great if the account name was somehow listed on the credit card statement, too. Since all of the accounts are the same price, there's no way to reconcile an invoice with the CC statement other than by the billing date, and there is usually a 1-2 day discrepency between the invoice date and the statement billing date. Several accounts hit on the same day, so those end up being complete guesses.

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎02-26-2015 February 26, 2015
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎02-27-2015 February 27, 2015

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback!  We realize overage billing can be a little confusing when managing multiple accounts and want to make that easier for you.  We're planning to make some changes to our billing system and related communications over the next few quarters and will certainly keep this in mind.

Optimizely
by Arun Level 2
‎03-19-2015 March 19, 2015

The account limit emails ("You have exceeded your Optimizely plan limit") don't indicate which account it's for. It's takes a while to find the account if you have a bunch of them associated with your email. Might be a good idea to add this to the notification email that goes out.

Level 2