Allow multi-convert goals + Results Filters

by Mike_StLaurent ‎06-18-2015 June 18, 2015 - edited ‎06-23-2015 June 23, 2015

Hi,

Sometimes in my job I have to use Adobe Target. Optimizely exceeds this tool in every category but there are a couple of features that Adobe offers that would be awesome to see Optimizely roll out (In a better way of course!).

Multi convert goals

Is there a way to allow (as an option) for goals to "always convert" rather than limiting one conversion/per visitor/per goal? We run into cases where it would be beneficial to have Optimizely allow a user to convert 2+ times on the same goal. 

A scenario is that we have several forms with varying thank-you pages. We track visits to each individual thank-you page, but we also want to have a goal that is the sum of all these (ex. Visits to - All Thank-You Pages). This way we can have a quicker snapshot of a variation across the board. If a user comes to the site and ends up filling out two of our different forms we want to record a sum total of two, but currently Optimizely would always records this as one. 

For example, Adobe Target has a dropdown feature that deafaults to "Count Once" but also allows the tool to force an "Always record conversion".

Results Filters

Another cool feature that I really like is the idea of segmenting goal data based off of another goal. For example, lets pretend there are two goals; the end goal is a "transaction conversion" and there is a micro-conversion, such as "Watched Marketing Video". 

The metric I want to see is "Transaction Conversion" of users who converted on goal: "Watched Marketing Video". Then alternatively be able to compare that to a goal that says "Transaction Conversion" of users who did NOT convert on the goal "Watched Marketing Video".

Making it easier to tell if the video is either helping or hurting conversions. By chaining goals together it is helpful to assess the value of an interaction with different elements on a page. 

I realize that goals like this can be set up by setting cookies and custom events but it would be sweet if Optimizely was able to create a feature to do it for us (Preferribly by filtering results). Something that would look kind of like this:

So we can sort the Macro Conversion by micro conversions. This would make Optimizely immensely more powerful of a tool using data that Optimizely should already have!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

-Mike