Community Workshop Idea

by IanHo ‎04-21-2015 April 21, 2015

I think it would be great if there were more hands-on events. I would love if I could go to San Francisco for a hack-a-thon style optimization event. Less time would be on speakers, more time on collaborating in teams.

It could be impleneted many different ways. Here's one way:

The competitors at the event could break off into different segments: lead gen, e-commerce, etc. In each segment everyone would be given the same website to "optimize". (The site that's picked could be a random raffle for each segment, every competitor gets to put 1 entry) People then get organized into teams of 3. They then have a set amount of time to setup 3 A/B tests on 3 different pages of the website. Each team presents their tests and pre-selected judges will give out different awards to different teams.

Possible awards:

Most Likely to Succeed

Best UX

Best UI

Most Creative Technical Setup

At the end, the owner of the website for the experiment can get access to any of the experiments they want to run. As part of entry into the content, you have to agree to run at least 1 experiment and share the results. Once the results are significant, the reults are shared with Optimizely who then shares it with all paricipants.

Level 2

Comments
by Optimizely
‎05-22-2015 May 22, 2015
Status changed to: New

Optimizely