Consolidated Experiment Settings

by jeffchin21 ‎10-02-2014 October 2, 2014

While setting up tests and before launching tests, it requires too many clicks to make sure you have all the right settings.  The process can be prone to error, especially when copying experiments from QA to Prod.

Currently, audiences and goals are promoted to be out of the 'options' menu - but URL targeting and traffic allocation is important also.  It'd be great to see all of these on one page - as a summary, rather than having to click into at least four settings.

settings.png

Level 2

Comments
by abastian
‎10-03-2014 October 3, 2014

Agreed--all the clicks make it easy to miss a step.

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014
Status changed to: Working On It!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-04-2014 November 4, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion. We've incorporated this idea into a new version of the dashboard we'll be rolling out soon. You'll be able to preview and edit the audiences, goals, traffic, and url targeting directly from the dashboard so you can see it all in one place and confirm that everything's right. We'll be launching a beta version soon so keep your eye out for the link to try it out, and please let us know if it helps.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎11-21-2014 November 21, 2014

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we've incorporated this idea into the new dashboard, which we're beta testing now. To try it out, just visit http://www.optimizely.com/dashboard and then click the link at the top of the page that says "try the beta". I'd love to hear your feedback!

The new dashboard has a sidebar on the right for each experiment you select with the audiences, URL targeting, traffic allocation, and goals. You can see all of these at a glance and also make changes to them without loading the full editor.

Thanks,

Jon

Optimizely
by jeffchin21
‎11-24-2014 November 24, 2014 - edited ‎11-24-2014 November 24, 2014

Hi Jon - thanks!  I don't see the beta invite on my dashboard landing page - am i missing something?

UPDATE - I see it now, thanks!

Level 2
by Optimizely
‎06-01-2015 June 1, 2015
Status changed to: Done (Partially)

Optimizely