0 Likes

Cross-team communication

by frambot ‎12-02-2014 December 2, 2014
I work in a team of web developers which is separated from another team which writes and manages Optimizely tests. Sometimes there will be miscommunication or no communication about the current and staged tests (at a technical level). I would like to know if this feature exists in some capacity:

User story: As a developer, I want a daily email digest of changes that have been made in the past day, so that I can be more informed of the code that is running outside of source control.

Or,

As a developer, I want an alert any time someone adds, modifies, or removes an Optimizely test, so that I can be more informed of the code that is running outside of source control.

Is there such a feature already? In short, I just want a changelog so that I can keep tabs on what other people are doing to the codebase.

Thanks.
Level 2

Comments
by
‎12-03-2014 December 3, 2014

Hi, It's not availabl yet, but you could built something like this on top of the Optimizely REST API as there you could pull the modified date and new tests from to see what has changed since yesterday.

Level 10
by Optimizely
Status changed to: Great Idea!

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎12-03-2014 December 3, 2014 - last edited on ‎12-03-2014 December 3, 2014 by Optimizely

Hi @frambot 

We do have a change history feature for Enterprise customers. You can get to it by clicking "View change history" on an experiment in the dashboard, or if you're on the new dashboard (which is in beta right now) you can pick the Change History tab under overview. From here you can see all the changes for a single experiment or the whole project.

We don't have the ability to send an email digest of this yet, but hopefully that log is a start for helping you track what's going on.

Optimizely
by Optimizely

I should also mention that we are working on improving the change history to show more granular changes and the before and after of what changed, so that will also help you see what other teams are up to.

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎06-12-2015 June 12, 2015 - edited ‎06-12-2015 June 12, 2015

@frambot

We have just launched the more granular change history. Select Enterprise plans will have access to more detailed information that shows not only who made changes to your experiments, but also what changes were made. The detailed change history shows actual line-by-line differences in the variation code, before and after changes were made. You’ll also see when audiences and goals were added or removed.

You can use this information to identify and debug any changes that may have caused a problem to an experiment. By creating an audit trail, the detailed change history also provides additional security to individuals as well as teams with multiple collaborators.

Let us know if you have any feedback! 

Detailed Change History.png

You can find the KB article here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040745#change_history

If you would like to add this to your account, please contact your CSM or email sales@optimizely.com

Optimizely
by Optimizely
‎06-12-2015 June 12, 2015
Status changed to: Done

Optimizely